Monday, March 18, 2024

filming. 8 hour work day, no pay

 Filmed everything. EVERYTHING. I am so tired. My legs hurt. I am so tired. 

Started the day off by filming the montage of the Protagonist rotting in his room by myself, it went well, got everything I needed. Then I had stomach pain out of no where that I really just balled through. I made that fake blood thing, I used corn starch, flour, red food coloring, and blue food coloring then mixed them all together and it turned out super amazing. I did not expect it to turn out that well but it did! Got the blood recipe from this video on YouTube. I lathered a part of the hoodie in blood since that is where Cricket and Jim ripped out his heart from. I would put the blood in my mouth and spit it out later on.

Then my cast and crew started showing up at around 1:45 and everyone got here at 2:10ish. I gave Luis, who played Jim, a blazer and Ayami, playing Cricket, a tie and then I showed everyone what we were doing and how to handle the equipment. And then we kinda just started! Got through everything rather efficiently. I wanted to be done by 6 since Ayami and Ale, camera operator, had to leave at 6, so to be sure we got everything with Cricket and Jim, we skipped over some scenes to shoot later. Eventually, Ayami and Ale had to leave, which left me, Luis, and Julien (sound then camera operator) to do everything else. What was left over was more than I expected but it wasn't too bad, though because we shot later in the day, the lighting changed which will be weird to cut from different lighting to different lighting in-between each shot, so that majorly sucks. Maybe I can color correct later on but who knows. Reshoots are possible but they are not something I particularly want to do, just something to keep in mind just in case. 

Pictures from the shoot day :D




(Would have gotten a haircut before filming but there wasn't any space :cry:)

Finished around 8 which was way later than I wanted to finish, I was very very tired. Looking back, the major issue was the time constraints since many shots HAD to be done before a specific time. This led to some confusion on what still had to be filmed and continuity errors. Now that I'm more knowledgeable on how long this type of stuff takes to film, in the future I will plan more accordingly haha. Also to avoid confusion, I think I should have made a shot list. I was using the storyboards as a take-off point on what we had to film but it was often difficult to navigate. Shot list really would have helped, that's a short-sight on my part, I was in over my head. But it was a successful shoot day for sure, I just I filmed everything and didn't forget something because THAT would SUCK! This is not foreshadowing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 FILM FILE The Life & Go Dept. Clinic POSTCARD Front Back File Link SOCIAL MEDIA Instagram Page