Thursday, April 4, 2024

postcard development

 Made the postcard! Very straightforward. I had taken pictures during shooting day so I just used those. I did have trouble with the front, specifically with the placement of the text in correlation with the text. I wanted the image to take up the entire cover but I wasn't sure how to do that in a way that showed Jim and Cricket in an effective manner while leaving enough space for the text not to feel awkward. After a while of resizing and cropping and moving I got this:

Not too bad I think, it works. I wanted to leave it mostly empty so the front isn't overcrowded and just gets to the point, here's the title, here's some of the characters, boom, yea.

For the back I chose the Miami Film Festival as the location where the film will be showing. I'm actually not sure if I am allowed to choose whichever film festival I want so that is subject to change! I'll check with my teacher (Mrs. Stoklosa, shout out) on Monday. Liked the image of the heart being held up since it is bold and (I think) intrigues whoever has the postcard as to what the film is about since someone is just holding up a heart. I understand that faces are engaging but I think this heart image works well, I will have to re-check with my teacher (Mrs. Stoklosa, shout out) on Monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Components

 FILM FILE The Life & Go Dept. Clinic POSTCARD Front Back File Link SOCIAL MEDIA Instagram Page